May 24, 2017, 13:21 PM
FROM JAN KESTLE, PRESIDENT, ENVIRONICS ANALYTICS
What do these changes mean for you?
Since June 29, 2016, Nielsen has been billing on behalf of EA and will continue to do so until June 30, 2017. Nielsen has also issued License Orders (renewal, changes and extensions) on behalf of EA.
As of December 29, Claritas assumed Nielsen’s obligations and fulfillment responsibilities for those licensed products under the Site and Location Analytics Services that were assigned and transferred to EA in the earlier transaction (June 29, 2016). Claritas will continue their obligations and fulfillment of the Site and Location Analytics Services on behalf of EA until June 30, 2017.
For License Orders that include products that became the property of Claritas in the second transaction, it has been necessary in some cases to add Claritas to the License Orders being issued by Nielsen on EA’s behalf.
Other than on behalf of EA during this transition period, Nielsen and Claritas no longer offer any Site and Location Analytics Services.
Effective July 1, 2017, EA will be providing directly all of the Site and Location Services assumed under your license that was assigned to EA by Nielsen. In fact, many of you are already working with the EA representatives on the transition.
Upcoming product related changes previously announced or resulting from these transactions
Vendor billing information changes required
- EA is an authorized reseller of the wide range of Claritas data products that are included in your licenses and will continue to provide access and updates
- EA has reseller arrangements either directly or through Nielsen or Claritas for the required Third Party Products included in your licenses
- Retail Market Power and Consumer Buying Power are now owned by EA
- As you were previously informed, PRIZM is being phased out by Claritas this year and is being replaced by PRIZM Premier. EA will provide PRIZM Premier to Site and Location Analytics licensees as outlined in current License Orders
- EA will continue to offer and support iXPRESS
- Prime Location is being discontinued (as was communicated to you previously by Nielsen). EA is replacing it with systems (including but not limited to its powerful ENVISION system) that provide the functionality specified in your licenses and some enhancements
- SMS users will be transitioned to ENVISION – a platform optimized for Site and Location Analytics
- Quick Market Insights (QMI) is being replaced by EA’s new SPOTLIGHT system
In order to facilitate a smooth transition, your accounting records will need to be updated. Please change your accounts payable from Nielsen to EA for payment of invoices relating to costs outlined in the agreements with Nielsen for Site and Location Analytics Services (and for subsequent renewals).
Effective July 1, 2017, EA will be issuing invoices and License Order Renewals and Changes on its own paper.
Helping you through the transition
EA is committed to making this transition work for you. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have.